Last Friday we read an article from The Daily Bulletin about whistling and Sara was the absolute winner of the whistling competition that took place in our class. Gabriel, despite being from the Canary islands, was not as good as other class mates at this amazing way of communication.
Look at this promotional video about silbo and answer the following questions.
1) What are the advantages of whistling versus mobile phones?
2) Can you say “Hello” in silbo?
3) What’s is the relationship between the landscape of Gomera and silbo?
4) Can a teacher call the register by whistling?
5) Do you think it is a good idea to teach silbo at schools? why?
You can visit busuu.com site , the people who are responsible for making the video to find out what their site is about.
Homework for Tuesday 27th
Copy the answers to the questions in your notebook
Post to the blog answers to the next four questions:
- Can you whistle?
- What are some of the situations when people whistle?
- Did you find the article in the newspaper interesting?
- Did you like the silbo video?