1) Films: Slumdog Millionaire: (3 marks)
- “What weapon does Lord Rama hold in his right hand'” is one of the questions Jamal has to answer. What memories does it trigger in Jamal?(1mark)
- What does the train journey mean ?(0’25 marks)
- Compare the two brothers (0’50 marks)
- Choose one of the people that appeared in the program “Españoles en el Mundo” about Mumbai and write a paragraph. (age, background, reason for moving, job, places he/she showed, house, friends and family)(1 mark)
- Did the program of Españoles en el Mundo give you a different image of Mumbai than the one you got from the film Slumdog Millionaire? why? (0’25 marks)
2) Phonetics (0’50 marks)
1. which, if any, of the following past tenses ends in /id/?
2. what are the silent letters, if any, in the following words?
3) History: (0’25 marks)
Name a Rennaissance English philosopher and one of his works that had to do with an ideal society.
4) Cities of the world. (2 marks)
- Write a paragraph about Mumbai. (location, size, history, languages, economy, population, landmarks)
- Choose one of the people that appeared in the program “Españoles en el Mundo” about the Philippines and write a paragraph. (age, background, reason for moving, job, places he/she showed, house, friends and family, personal opinion)
5) Verbs: (1’25 marks)
Write the past simple and the past participle of the following verbs and translate them.
give; ride; catch; stand; shake; think; mean; blow: swim; eat; (1 mark)
turn the following sentence into the passive (0’25 marks)
- People all over the world celebrate water day on the 22nd of March
- People store water in rain barrels
6) Vocabulary (0’50)
Translate and define the following words. What do you associate these words with? Which post?
7)Wars and conflicts. (1 mark)
- Who is Emmanuel Jal? what does he campaign for? Write about him.
8) Books: Donde Surgen las Sombras (1’50 marks)
- What is David Lozano like?
- Choose one of the characters of the book and describe it
- What is the setting of the book?