Today you did the exam of the latest posts that had appeared in the blog. Here follow some instructions about self-correcting what you did in class.
- Question V has to be completed at home as you did not have enough time to answer all the questions in one hour.
- Answer all the questions again and copy your answers in your notebook.
- Every student will be responsible for uploading the answer of one of the exam questions to the blog.
- Remember to mention the post where you had to look for the answer, this way you will be aware of the importance of the blog as a study tool.
- Check spelling and accuracy, you have all the necessary tools (dictionaries, websites, blog, Google group to ask your classmates) and all the time you need, so I expect accurate answers.
- Remember not to “cut and paste” from Wikipedia. Correcting an exam is part of learning, not a mechanical activity.
I. Monica Bernabe’s talk and Afghanistan (1 mark)
- What is a burka?
- How long were the Talibans in power in Afghanistan?
- Which position does Afghanistan occupy in the UN economic index?
- What are Afghanistan neighbouring countries?
- What kind of initative is Skateistan?
II. Readings: Boy (1mark)
- What did you learn about Roald Dahl in his website?
- What is homesickness?
- When did Boy feel homesick?
- What is the setting of Boy?
- What was your favourite episode?
III. Sweden ( 2 marks)
- Write some basic facts about the country: situation, population, language, wealth.
- What are some of the sterotypes about Sweden.
- What are some of the things they value most?
- Which Swedish cities did you learn something about?
- What is the currency in Sweden?
- What is the relation between sustainability and Stockholm?
- Why is Stockholm called the Venice of the north?
- What did you learn about public transport in Stockholm?
- Compare Sweden and Spain in terms of wealth, population, size and government.
- What kind of fuels can be used instead of fossil fuels?
IV. Can you provide a translation for the following words. (1 mark)
Use them in a sentence. You can use more than one in the same sentence.
- Slaughter house
V. Environment, Science, outings. (to be done at home)
- Compare the Tramuntana mountain range and the Pyrenees.
- Have you ever had a broken bone? Have you ever interviewed someone who had had a broken bone? Explain.
- What kind of personality did Rosa have? How did she feel at the beginning of the play? Could you summarise the conflicts she went through on her birthday.