Magdalena, your Catalan teacher, will talk to you about slow food and local products. Thanks to our friend Klaus, we can keep track of Mallorcan traditions and read his inspiring blog written in excellent English.
Magdalena will probably mention a beautiful exhibition in Son Boter. In Mallorca Daily Photo Blog, you can read about this variety of paprika grown in our island and used to make sobrasada.
Enjoy Klaus’ beautiful pic and read the text. The post was made the 23rd September 2010. After reading the text, answer the questions and post your comments to the blog.
- Could you find many imported products in local markets 25 years ago?
- When was the time to harvest the pebre bord?
- Why did farmers string the peppers onto long strings of thread?
- Why did some Majorcan farmers stop growing and selling the local paprika?
- What was Son Boter in the past?
- Who was a famous artist that used Son Boter as his studio?
- Which new words did you learn by reading this article?
Homework: post your comments to the blog for Monday 23rd