In our previous post we commented on how an efficient public transport network is an indicator of sustainability. In this video, we are going to reflect on sustainability in terms of energy.
- Where is Kristianstad situated?
- How has Kristianstad managed to avoid using fossil fuels?
- How is electricity generated in Kristianstad?
- How are the houses heated?
- What kind of fuel do vehicles use instead of gasoline?
- What is the slaughterhouse waste used for?
- How long does the waste take to ferment in the biogas plant?
- What do they use in Kristianstad instead of coal?
- Check you understand the following words. All of them appear in the video: pump, heat, turbine, boiler, landfill, sewage, waste, household, wood chips, renewable, garbage, pipes,
- What is household organic waste used for?
- Check Stockholm website. Are there similar initiatives in the capital of Sweden?
Homework: Post your answers to the blog by Friday 21st and copy them in your notebook.