I promised you this morning I would upload to your blog a link to an excellent web site about Gothic Palma. You have been working this epoch with Vicent, your History teacher, who has already uploaded several videos in English. This site, Palma Gòtica, gives you four language options: Catalan, Spanish, English and German, so it is a great tool to help you move from one language to another with little effort. Its visual support, drawings, images and videos make it really attractive.
HOMEWORK: Tasks that will help you become familiar with the site. They should be done for Friday 17th
Activate the English option and visit one of the emblematic buildings that appear on the site.
- Choose one building (its main features) and an aspect you would like to comment (a part of the building, a story, an annecdote).
- Situate the building in the interactive map.
- Investigate route 2, which proposes 5 different itineraries to explore five districts of the city.
- Use the histogram to compare the date when it was built with another building in Palma and another one from Spain or Europe.
- Investigate route 2, which proposes 5 different itineraries to explore five districts of the city. Chose one itinerary andread about it. Find the key words you need to be able to explain it en English with the help of the map.
- Surprise your classmates with an interesting finding. Browse the site, choose your favourite aspect and post it to the blog.
Copy the answers and new words in your notebook and post the answers to the blog.
There are 13 buildings and you cannot repeat any building more than twice. So, the faster you do it, the wider choice you have. If you are are the second person to do a building, you must comment on an aspect of the building that your classmate has not mentioned.