In 1.gh.18 Vicent uploaded a very good video about The Middle Ages. Well, by now you all must know what a moat is, so let’s see if we can learn more about castles in medieval times. Watch this video and pay attention to the following words:
draw bridge, moat, nutches, bows, siege, arrow slit, wooden door, metal grate, murder holes.
Did you hear all of them?
Can you try to explain what they are?
- How many towered walls did most castles have?
- How many courtyards were there?
- Where were the stables located?
- Where was the most fortified part of the castle located?
- Where did the lord of the castle live?
- Where did the lord of the castle eat his meals?
- What time did they have their big meal?
- How long did it last?
- Did they use forks?
- Why was the Lord’s table lifted ?
Homework : Friday 19th November. Post your answers to the blog and copy the vocabulary in your notebook.